Terms and Conditions
All students agree to following terms and conditions upon purchase of any course from Sexology University.
Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
Students enrolling in the Certified Clinical Sexologist Program at Sexology University are issued and expected to electronically sign an official Memorandum of Understanding, or MOU, during the application process. This signed official document is required to launch your study process.
This learning and business contract assures
- What materials Sexology University provides to you
- The end dates for completion of your studies
- Your acknowledgement of our copyright on all Sexology University materials
- Comprehension of your role as an enrolled student.
Sexology University will never reveal, divulge, share, or sell your confidential information to any other entity. Your enrollment at Sexology University is a privilege and a protected experience. We give full assurances to uphold your right to privacy, follow ethical business practices, and demonstrate integrity in our business practices at all times. We provide our services and products only to those who uphold our Code of Ethics (see below) and who are able to commit to the rigorous training and certification program that makes Sexology University a worldwide leader in the field of clinical sexology. In summary, we assure all of our enrolled students 100% confidentiality.
The Sexology University Code of Ethics
- Sexuality is an essential natural and healthy part of being human; we as humans are sexual beings lifelong, from conception to death.
- Sexual rights are human rights; all adult sexual expression is acceptable, as long as it is with consent and without intentional harm.
- Every person deserves to choose whether, how and with whom they wish to express their sexuality, alone and/or with a partner.
- Every person deserves to and can have the sexual aspects of one’s life become realized; every person also has the obligation to take responsibility for their sexual actions and the impact on self, others and the global environment.
- People do not get rid of parts of themselves as sexual beings; they learn how to embrace and accept those aspects of self.
- Most practitioners of medicine and mental health care are inadequately trained and prepared to meet the sexual needs of their patients.
- Clinical Sexology is a direct, powerful and transformational pathway to sexual healing, sexual wellness and sexual success.
- We as sexologists serve as role models for sex-positivity, sexual empowerment, sexual health and sexual success to the world.
- We as sexologists must give back to the global community and advocate for sexual well-being and sexual freedom wherever we can have a positive influence.
Sexology University’s Code of Ethics is in harmony with the codes of ethical standards and values of several organizations, including:
- American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors and Therapistswith one exception: We uphold the right for sex coaches and clinical sexologists who are certified by the World Association of Sex Coaches to use healing and appropriate touch.
- The World Association of Sexual Health Declaration of Sexual Rights
- TheWoodhull Sexual Freedom Alliance
We also uphold the beliefs, credos, and practices of well-regarded organizations such as SIECUS, Planned Parenthood, the World Health Organization, as well as other human/sexual rights groups advocating for sexual rights, sexual wellness, and freedom.
Students are expected to honor the payment schedules agreed to at the time of enrollment. Students can be placed on “inactive” status if a payment is missed and the student does not resolve their balance or arrange another payment agreement with our accountant within 7 days. Questions regarding payment plans can be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the quality of your training materials and/or you become unable to fulfill your obligations as agreed in your Enrollment Application and MOU, we offer a full refund of your payment, excepting the $500 non-refundable enrollment fee, within 10 calendar days if you choose to leave Sexology University. After the initial “refund period” of 10 calendar days, we cannot offer any refunds.
The actual refund period begins on the day you are sent your Sexology University training materials for your first course. If you are enrolling in Courses à la carte, this policy goes into effect on the day you are sent your Sexology U training materials. No students will be granted a refund of any amount after the closing of the refund period.
If you request a refund after the refund period, we will make every attempt possible to allow you extra time or alternative training opportunities in another Training Program at Sex Coach U (our sister organization), at our hosted Live Events, or here at Sexology University.
Completion of Training within Timelines: Certificate Students
If you as an enrolled student cannot meet the required 24-month timeline for completion of your Certification Program studies, unless there are extenuating circumstances (such as serious illness, family emergency, or severe financial constraints), you will be reevaluated for all future studies in the Clinical Sexologist Certification Program at Sexology University. In certain cases, we will extend the timeline. Students who do not submit their completed materials due to being inactive for a period of at least six months, will be notified of possible suspension of their enrolled student status. You have a total of TWO years to complete your program.
Completion of Training within Timelines: À la Carte Students
À la carte courses are eligible for evaluation by faculty, a certificate of completion, and (when applicable) AASECT CEs anytime within 12 months of purchase. After this window of validity is closed, the student may retain access to the purchased materials, but will no longer be considered a student at Sexology University.
Leave of Absence Policy
Certification Program students may take one 90-day Leave of Absence (LOA), with advance approval by faculty. If a student on LOA does not resume their program within 90 days, their Enrolled Student Status will be revoked. In certain circumstances, a student may request approval for a LOA period longer than 90 days. The LOA agreement will be recorded on an updated MOU agreement, stating the new end date for the student’s completion of the Certification Program.
Students wishing to re-start at the expiration of their LOA may be granted reinstatement without penalty. However, students who have been inactive longer than six months (including LOA) will be considered lapsed and may be assessed a reinstatement fee to resume Enrolled Student Status.
Any student who is on approved LOA retains all Sexology University program privileges, including the right to be retained on all enrolled student lists, the private Facebook group, the “Hot Issues” monthly call, the “Monthly Community Call” options and any other Sexology University amenities for enrolled students. After the approved 90-day LOA, if they do not reinstate as Enrolled Student Status, they are removed from all Sexology University program privileges.
Termination of Training
We also retain the exclusive right to conclude your training at Sexology University for any reasons that we deem valid, including but not limited to a student’s non-compliance with stated policies or the Code of Ethics. We will always make the best attempts to resolve any problems before making a decision to terminate your training at Sexology University.